So, the job opportunity has some quirks to it that have my stomach doing worried flip flops and twirls .... so, I guess what that means is that it will be a no go. I hate the fact that I applied, interviewed and was chosen only to decide that I don't think we "fit". It makes me feel like I wasted their time and that was in no way, shape or form my intention.
I spent an hour and a half talking with a trusted advisor regarding this opportunity. Now, as a side note he does have something to lose if I take this job BUT admitted how he felt and what was selfish on his part and objectively discussed my options completely. He absolutely made me view this from all sides, especially ones I hadn't thought of, and I just cannot do it.
Sucks. Let down somewhat - was excited about the opportunity; Relieved - am in a decent place right now with some very promising opportunities coming up.
I spent an hour and a half talking with a trusted advisor regarding this opportunity. Now, as a side note he does have something to lose if I take this job BUT admitted how he felt and what was selfish on his part and objectively discussed my options completely. He absolutely made me view this from all sides, especially ones I hadn't thought of, and I just cannot do it.
Sucks. Let down somewhat - was excited about the opportunity; Relieved - am in a decent place right now with some very promising opportunities coming up.
No comments:
Post a Comment