Saturday, August 13, 2011

Nervous

Lots of things to be nervous about.  First of all there is a very, very close friend that is gravely ill and has been holding his own, but barely, and I'm nervous that he'll die and I will be gone in Indy and not know right away or be ready to present a lecture OR be right there visiting him.  Also, nervous that he'll live in his current state - unacceptable.  Typical nerves are setting in regarding the lectures down in Indy this week - I suppose if I wasn't nervous I wouldn't be normal there.

On another note, I have made a connection with a newer friend.  As it turns out we have tons in common and I have found that he gives me an alternate perspective on things that I hadn't even thought I would want to deal with before.  So, that's kinda cool.  We evaded any inappropriate behavior the last time we were away in the same hotel, different rooms.  But not so sure that will continue to be the case.  Excited, nervous (trustworthy?), and hope I can live up to any/all expectations from both of us.

Discovered a while back that sometimes staying true to myself is different that staying true to what others believe I should be true to.  Did that make any sense outside of my head?  Hmph, who knows.  

No comments:

Post a Comment