Home alone today, all day, for the first time since we were "cased". I don't think of myself as nervous or scared or incapable of taking care of myself. However, today I am pretty sure I was starting to have a stinkin' panic attack - called a good friend and she chatted with me for awhile and I felt more at ease.
This is ridiculous. Our home was not invaded, no one did anything except make contact that was obviously in order to see if we were a possible target or not. I have since armed us with a handgun and a shotgun .....
I did take a shower while home alone which was a huge feat since I was terrified. House was all locked up, shut and locked the bathroom door and brought a gun in bathroom with me along with cell and house phone. Sheesh.
Tomorrow I will be gone in the morning and come home just before the kiddos .... guess that means I get to search the house and make sure we are all safe. Funny that feels less scary than just being here.
How long until I find my new normal that doesn't include panic attacks?
This is ridiculous. Our home was not invaded, no one did anything except make contact that was obviously in order to see if we were a possible target or not. I have since armed us with a handgun and a shotgun .....
I did take a shower while home alone which was a huge feat since I was terrified. House was all locked up, shut and locked the bathroom door and brought a gun in bathroom with me along with cell and house phone. Sheesh.
Tomorrow I will be gone in the morning and come home just before the kiddos .... guess that means I get to search the house and make sure we are all safe. Funny that feels less scary than just being here.
How long until I find my new normal that doesn't include panic attacks?
No comments:
Post a Comment