Sunday, July 31, 2011

Complicated feelings

I often sit and wonder why I started dating my husband, other than the fabulous ass, as we are nothing alike and he is sooooo not my "type" in any way.  Then other days, like today, when I'm at work for long shifts and I come across a picture of him doing something silly I feel this surge of emotion that must be something like love.

I am impulsive, difficult, selfish, aggressive in life, submissive in sex in the full sense of the word, motivated in work and dislike things like commitment, responsibility (outside of work) and monogamy.  I would like to think some of those qualities are not all bad and that I have other good qualities also .... like I can be caring, intelligent, love to debate (flipside is also argumentative) and other things that escape me currently.

He is caring, loves to nurture, phenomenal provider for the family, great dad, tender lover but also bull headed, timid lover, homebody and while definitely not unintelligent - smart in areas I am not in the least interested in.

Now, I then consider body type.  I gravitate towards bigger, tall guys and he is a short, little guy.  I do find him attractive, again that ass and he has lots of muscle to go with intimate parts that would make a lot of people jealous.

All said and done, in most aspects we are fine and have been able to sustain a decent relationship for longer than any other in my life but the sex ....... while he is a considerate, kind lover what I NEED that he cannot seem to understand nor be taught, no matter how many conversations, is the dominance.  I recently read a blog about this exact subject and even tried to use the advice given without much success.  It stated that you couldn't teach someone dominance, what you have to do is be more submissive and allow the natural dominant traits in your partner to come out and be more present.  I find myself seeking out tops and placing myself in situations that aren't good in order to fulfill what I need.

Why can't one person be the right fit?  

No comments:

Post a Comment